Robertsdale, Alabama - December 19, 2017: The Baldwin County Association of REALTORS® (BCAR) held its annual 2018 Installation Ceremony Wednesday, Dec. 13 to welcome 16 Board Directors, including 2018 BCAR President Troy Wilson. Service for the new directors and officers will begin in January.
Sid Pugh, President of the Alabama Association of REALTORS® (AAR) conducted the oath of office for all directors, and Leigh Brown, an international motivational speaker and top-producing REALTOR® from Charlotte, North Carolina, was the guest speaker.
Other guests included AAR Southern Regional Vice President Kelly Cummings of Mobile; members of the Huntsville Area Association of REALTORS®, Mobile Area Association of REALTORS®, Birmingham Association of REALTORS®, and Montgomery Area Association of REALTORS®; Baldwin County Commissioners Tucker Dorsey and Chris Elliott; Robertsdale Mayor Charlie Murphy, and Executive Director of the Prodisee Pantry, Deann Servos.
During installation, BCAR reflected on its successful year in 2017 and all the things the association was able to accomplish under the 2017 BCAR President, Frank Malone.
- In 2017, BCAR reached its 2017 Alabama REALTOR® Party Action Committee (ARPAC) goal of $79,649, and exceeding it by 18% for a total of $93,880. BCAR has 32 major investors in RPAC, and 62% of the total membership contributes.
- This year, BCAR received an Issues Mobilization grant of $50,000 to assist with the 1-Mill Property Tax Renewal; this included mailings and phone calls to county residents. The association also received a $4,500 Placemaking Grant from the National Association of REALTORS® for improvement of the space behind the Fairhope Library for the Walking School Bus program.
- BCAR donated over $12,000 to local and national charities from MLS compliance fines: the Prodisee Pantry, Under His Wings, Baldwin County Child Advocacy Center, and the NAR Relief Fund.
- Just this month, BCAR held its first Open House Blitz, with 109 homes open across the county for residents and visitors to visit that may have been looking for a new home.
- In 2017, BCAR membership grew 15%, beginning with 1,708 members in January and ending with 1,963 members.
- BCAR Multiple Listing Service use reflects 1,949 users at the beginning of 2017, and ending with 2,259, a 20% increase.
- The Bagels and Briefs program was started for members to update the membership on local events and knowledge of the area.
- An MLS conversion took place Summer 2017 that included upgrading to a new MLS system with a new showing management and tax data component and the Homesnap program.
Beginning Nov. 8 and ending at Installation, BCAR held an association-wide canned food drive, with all donations going to the Prodisee Pantry. Over 990 food items and $2,372 was donated to the pantry from the association. The office that collected the most food items and money was Roberts Brothers, Inc.-Malbis. They were given $500 to donate to their office’s charity of choice. They chose to give it back to the Prodisee Pantry.
The officers and directors inducted for 2018 Association Board of Directors were: President, Troy Wilson; President-Elect, Kandy Hines; Secretary-Treasurer, Stephen Roberts; Central Regional Vice President, Andrea Kaiser-Shilston; Southern Regional Vice President, Tommy Stanton; Immediate Past President, Frank Malone; and Local Directors Bo Blackwell, Mark Frenette, John Kimbrough, Barbara McDaniel, Jeff McLaurin, Paige Moore, Terryl Reeves, Renae Stringer, Angie Swiger, and Cindy Zebryk.